Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Great Hites Prompt number 37

This weeks Prompt is from:










"The News From Poughkeepsie - Day 82
July 29th, 2008 •
I forgot that some time ago I said I would use this prompt. Thought it was good then, and still do now.


J.R. Blackwell is an inspiration again. Thanks, J.R.

Settings Tuesdays

True sorrow comes from knowing joy, and vice versa. There is a prison that has more mental punishment than physical. You are brought to the prison and kept in a cell. After a certain number of weeks, you get a “day off.” During the day off, you are allowed to go outside, to eat delicious food. Or you can just nap in the sunlight. You are told that in a couple of months, you’ll get another day off.

But it never comes. Others will get days off, but they’re spaced out in such a confusing way that prisoners don’t realize that you truly only ever get one, and you live with the bitter hope that another one may come.

Or is it worse to have that one day off and then you know you’ll never experience it again? I’m not sure. Still, explore.The News From Poughkeepsie is a daily blog post featuring an idea for you to take and do with what you will. Read more about it here. This post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license. You can take this idea, change it, make something new, and even make money off of it. All I ask is if you create something - anything! - that this post inspired you to make, please link back here ."

All Stories for this prompt are due by Midnight Tuesday January 20th. Email the text of the story and a recording if you would like me to include it in the podcast to jeffrey dot hite at gmail dot com.

good luck. And don't forget to come out to the site and vote for your Favorite stories this week.

Don't forget to go out to iTunes or podcast pickle or both and leave a review. It is a great way to let people know about great hites and what you think of it.

Just a quick review of the rules:



1. All stories submitted must be based on the weekly topic and in before Tuesday at midnight. (your local midnight is fine)
E-mail of the text story (pasted into the e-mail) to me at jeffrey dot hite at gmail dot com along with a recording if you want it added to the podcast.

2. Stories must have a maximum rating of PG. If you want examples of my strongest violence or most suggestive language read or listen toRun For your Life, Adam And Eve. or Going Down with the Ship And yes, I get the final say. Hey it's my site I make the rules.

3. Stories submitted should be between 100 to 3000 words, any shorter will get lost in the fray, any longer and it will drown out the other works, and as I said in rule number 2: Hey it's my site I make the rules.

4. Protecting your hard work. I know some sites don't do this, but I will do my best to protect your work. My entire site is protected by creative commons, I think it is worth your time to license your work, head out to the creative commons site get a license and paste the html code at the end of your story in the e-mail and when it gets posted I will include that. This is the one rule that is not hard and fast I think if you have worked hard on something you should protect it, but it is your call.

Download

0 comments: