Monday, October 6, 2008

Changing release Dates

Hello Everyone!

So a little bit of house keeping. This week I am going to release the stories late. Big surprise I know, but I think that the last couple of weeks have told me that I need to make some changes.

So...
Change # 1
Stories are going to come out on Wednesday ( I don't normally get a chance to write over the weekend, so that leaves just Monday and well everyone knows how Mondays can go. ) This also means that If you are trying to get a story out for Prompt # 21 you have until Tuesday at midnight now. I am going to try to still put the new prompts out on Mondays so you will have longer to brood over the new prompt. And I will accept prompt suggestions if you have them. Right now I am just scouring the Internet to find things so, new items from the outside are more then welcome.

Change #2
The ayes have it. Even though I got few votes on this I am going to have Alex (the Apple computer voice) read any story I don't get a recording for. Editing his reading is much easier that editing mine. I will let this go on for a couple of weeks and then put the voting up again so we can see if we have a change of heart.

On that same note, if there is anyone out there who would like to do readings (I can't pay you) but if you would be willing to do readings edited or unedited, I would be willing to work something out where I would send you a story now and that I don't get a recording for, for you to record.

Change #3
E-mails... This does not effect everyone, but if you have been getting e-mails for this, and have never subscribed, that service will be going away. In fact this will be the last e-mail like that. That service has some issues. If you want to keep getting the e-mails all you have to do is go out to http://GreatHites.blogspot.com and click on the subscribe by e-mail link, and in a second or two you are done. Or you can just click on this link: Subscribe to Great Hites by Email

Change #4
Archives. I noticed that iTunes cut off most of the early stories (Hey, by the way I am in the iTunes store now, go leave a review if you like.) And I think Feedburner is doing so as well, So I will start zipping the stories 5 in a zip and I will put a link to the archived files in the side bar.

I know there is probably not much of a market for it, but if you would like CD of them I might be able to be convinced to mail you one, if you ask really really nice.

Here as good a point as any. Since this is all done with Creative Commons, you can download all of the stories and burn them to CD's send them out as e-mails what ever you like and hand them out to all of your friends. (This is called marketing. I hate it... but I do want our stories to get out there into the world, and this is the best way to start.)

I think that is all the changes. If you have questions comments or thoughts, please feel free to leave a comment or just drop me a line at Jeffrey dot hite @ Gmail.com. Thanks for sticking with me. I hope to hear from you soon.

- Jeff

0 comments: